2010: The Foundation of Political History is 20 Years Old
“…knowing that the documents kept in the archive of the Institute of Political History and the enormous material of the library represents national heritage and value” the founder worded the aims of the organisation in 1990 the following way: “The Institute of Political History based on the materials kept in its archive and library provides an expanding opportunity for Hungarian and foreign researchers. It promotes the comparative scientific examinations, the international orientation of Hungarian researchers engaged in the questions of modern history and left movements.”
The founder-chairman was Sándor Balogh, historian, university professor, the former director of the institute.
The Foundation of Political History went through a massive development during these two decades. It received the rights to run the Institute of Political History, established the Napvilág Publishing House and the Egyenlítő magazine. In 1999 it qualified as a public utility organization. The Foundation enriched the Hungarian intellectual life with series of conferences, scientific calls for proposals, scholarships, public debates, exhibitions and dozens of volumes, while it significantly improved the valuable files of its archive and library.
The Management of The Foundation of Political History
The Chairman of the advisory board: István Orosz, historian, member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, university professor
Members of the advisory board:
- József Bayer political scientist, member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, university professor (deputy-chairman)
- György Földes historian, doctor of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, chief director (secretary)
- Lajos Izsák historian, doctor of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, university professor
- Dr. Tibor Kun jurist, titular college professor (director)
- László Máté entrepreneur
- Péter Sipos historian, doctor of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, university professor
PR assistant: Lívia Prosinger
Address: 1054 Budapest, Alkotmány u. 2.
Phone: (+36-1) 301-2026
Fax: (+36-1) 301-4922